Friday, April 08, 2016

Jesus and Law (10)

Jesus confirmed the validity of the Law of Moses.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law….For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law...(Matt 5:17-18).
Jesus never suggested that Roman law was better than Moses’ law. He did not prophesy that English law would be superior to the law for Moses. He did not promise that the US Constitution replace Moses law. Men cannot create laws that are better than God’s laws.

If Christians spent in the UK and America loved God’s law as much as David did, they would have something to offer to the world.

Oh, how I love your law!
I meditate on it all day long.
Your commands are always with me
and make me wiser than my enemies.
I have more insight than all my teachers,
for I meditate on your statutes (Psalm 119:97-99).
If Christians spent as much time studying God’s law, as they spent watching political debates and commentary on television, the world would be a better place.

No comments: