Saturday, June 06, 2015

Hearing God's Speaking

Some Christians get excited about visions and dreams. Others get excited about seeing angels or demons. Some are stirred up by visits to the third heaven. These are all important, but they are not the ultimate. God explained to Aaron and Miriam what his priority is for his people.

When there is a prophet among you,
I, the Lord, reveal myself to them in visions,
I speak to them in dreams.
But this is not true of my servant Moses;
he is faithful in all my house.
With him I speak face to face,
clearly and not in riddles (Num 12:6-8).
Prophets I those times saw dreams and visions. With Moses, who was also a prophet, God took it to a new level. He spoke to Moses face to face, or translating the Hebrew more literally “mouth to mouth”.

This should be our goal. God is a god who speaks. He began creation by speaking. He sent his son, who is the perfect, true word.

We have the Holy Spirit living within us. He loves to speak. We need to listen to him and hear his voice. We should speak to him an ask questions. Dreams and visions are good, but hearing his voice every day is the ultimate. Obeying his voice is even better.

No comments: