Monday, February 07, 2011

Waitangi and Wellington

Yesterday was Waitangi Day, a national day of celebration looking back to the treaty a treaty agreed between Maori Chiefs and the British crown in 1840. This event marked the founding of New Zealand.

The day began with a dawn service in the treaty grounds at Waitangi, where the treaty was signed. The service is attended by various political leaders and religious dignitaries and the Prime Minsiter lead a prayer. A retired Anglican minister and Maori elder Gray Theodore, who was born Te Kerei Tiatua, was to lead the final hymn. He stunned the thousand people in attendance, when he shared a vision that he had received thirty-eight years ago. Here is some of what he said,

Whenever we hear the news broadcast or televised on TV, all they say is hee is the news; and its often good news and bad news. So with the word of the Lord, it’s good news and bad news. I wish I didn’t have to say this, what I have to say. I have seen the destruction of Wellington… thirty-eight years ago. A terrible earthquake is going to hit Wellington.

The Lord has shown me the harbour (with) water going out and coming back as a Tsunami. I have seen the Lord ride the waters out and bring it back, and the waves started to seethe from Kaiapoi to Kaikoura… from the south east of the South Island, it started to move up.. it got to Wellington and Parliament, and went up the North Island toward Whanganui and Taranaki.

I have seen body bags in the streets of Wellington. I have seen the army called into Wellington. I have seen houses on the hills of Wellington – some of them disappeared. Last of all I want you to know this, and you can judge me for what it’s worth. I have seen the roof of the Beehive lying in the debris of the streets of Wellington.

No time was given in terms of years, and I have waited thirty-eight years to say this. The only indication given was the month of June.
I am not sure if this was all he said, but it is all that was broadcast on video.

Later Mr Theodore told a journalist that he had had the vision 38 years ago and had "run from it" ever since. He said he had been to Wellington (the capital city) with the intention of warning the Government twice before but events intervened to stop him – including when another minister fell dead in his arms and he had to take over his service. The third opportunity, yesterday, was biblically correct, as the Lord always spoke three times.

The Prime Minister said that he would not be taking much from it.

The leader of the Maori Party scoffed and joked about going overseas in June.

When a prophetic warning comes out a national event attended by public officials, it should be taken seriously. God prefers to speak in public.

Gray Theodore is not a flake. I heard him speak once, and he seemed sensible and down to earth. He is a trusted pastor and Maori elder, who has served faithfully in the church for a long time. I am sure he did not share the vision likely.

I have very little confidence in prophecies shared after the event. When a word of warning is given in advance, I sit up and take notice, because that is they way the Lord works.
Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing
without revealing his plan
to his servants the prophets (Amos 2:7).
I would like to know what else Gray shared. He mentioned good news, so I would like to know what he meant by that. I would like to understand more about the context of the vision and if any conditions were attached to its fulfilment.

I also wonder if the fulfilment is physical or spiritual. The roof of the Beehive (the government office building) lying amongst the debris might symbolise the collapse of government.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the best articles I've ever studied on this subject matter. Thanks!

kate said...

It certainly seems like his word/vision lines up with your word of economic collapse...

Heather Brunton said...

I think that he is speaking the truth and I would be happy if he knew that I thought this. I am a New Zealand writer living in Melbourne and wrote a book while living in the Bay of Islands in 1993 entitled, Inside Out; a pagan tale for the child within. I have a degree in Literature and wrote it as an allegorical tale, however I often write things that come true and when I heard his speech, I knew that this was truth. I would like you (if able) to pass my message on to him so that I can send him a copy for free. Regards Heather Brunton
email: h.a.brunton@hotmail.com