Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Was He There?

Last week, Israeli commandos killed nine people, while seizing a ship carrying supplies to the people for the people of Gaza. The news media do not seem to have released a full list of all the people on the ship, but I wonder if Jesus was there. He likes hanging out with people who are imprisoned and he enjoys feeding the hungry.

For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me (Matt 25:42-43).
On second thoughts, he could not have been there. The Syrophoenicians are only allowed the crumbs that fall from the Israelis table (Mark 7:28).

3 comments:

Gene said...

YIKES

I am having a hard time even understanding where you came up with this?

WOW

Color me astonished

Ron McK said...

The dogs of war are barking,
but the prophets are asleep.

Ron McK said...

I was not joking. This is a serious issue. Nine people are dead.

I was actually being facetious. My interpretion of Mark 7:28 was deliberately twisted and wrong. I assumed that when put in black and white, the distortion would be obvious. The sad thing is that these twisted words reflected what many American Christians believe.