Thursday, October 02, 2008

Genesis and Creation (18) - Wait

In these posts, I have covered just a few of the flaws that exist with modern theories about life and the universe. I am not going to ditch Genesis One for the sake of unproven theories with known flaws. I know that God exists. I know that he created the universe.

I also know that, if scientists study the universe within a theoretical framework that does not deny him or the spiritual dimension, they will eventually arrive at a cosmology and theory of origins that is consistent with Genesis One. If they continue with a biased theoretical framework, their flaws will eventually be exposed, how previous experience shows that this can take up a long time. Scientists will often prop up there favourite theory for a long time, before it finally collapses.

I am quite happy to wait for that to happen. Until that happens, I am not prepared to sacrifice God’s revelation for the sake of improvable theories.

On the other hand, I do not feel the need to defend any Christian view of creation that goes beyond the Genesis One. I am quite happy knowing what I do not know.

This full series is here.

No comments: